This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

pad_and_penSuggestions & Complaints

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice please let us know.  Concerns are often best dealt with when they arise, so we would encourage you first to explain your problem or suggestion to a member of staff who knows you and your situation (such as a doctor).  In many cases it should be possible to sort out the problem straight away by talking to the person you have already been dealing with or, perhaps, the practice manager.  Most complaints are straightforward, and can be quickly rectified or an explanation can be given. 

Our practice complaints procedure is compliant with the NHS complaints procedure and has been designed to be fair, flexible and conciliatory so that difficulties can be settled as quickly as possible.

How to complain

Complaints should be made as soon as possible after the event.  They are treated in confidence, will not be filed on your medical records and will not affect your treatment in any way.  If someone else (eg a relative or friend) complains on your behalf, we will need your written consent for that person to act for you.  You may complain verbally, in writing or electronically.

If you wish to make a formal complaint, please do so as soon as possible - ideally within a matter of a few days as this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  If that’s not possible your complaint should be submitted within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem or within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem.  You should address your complaint to the operations manager, Mrs Julie Hollingworth, using the attached form or by writing your own letter.  The operations manager will make sure that we deal with your concerns promptly and in the correct way.  

If you wish to make a complaint in writing please print our complaints form and bring it in to the surgery.

What we will do

We aim to acknowledge all formal complaints within three working days and a full investigation will take place.  The practice manager will provide you with a full response, which should usually be within ten working days.  If it’s not possible to respond within this timescale, you will be contacted and told regularly what is happening.  A full response should include:

  • An apology, if appropriate
  • A detailed answer to each part of your complaint
  • An offer of a meeting with you, if appropriate
  • Details of any action that has been taken to prevent the problem happening again


Other routes

Whilst we hope that you will address your complaint to the practice directly, you may, if you prefer, address your complaint to NHS England instead.  NHS England will forward the complaint to us at the practice for us to investigate in the normal way: 

NHS England Customer Contact Centre:

Telephone:  03003 112233



Help making your complaint

The independent NHS Complaints Advocacy Service (POhWER) can help if you want to make a complaint about NHS services but are unsure how to word it:

Telephone:  0300 200 0084 (charged at local rate)

Minicom:  0300 456 2364

Text:  send the word 'pohwer' with your name and number to 81025

Fax:  0300 456 2365


Write:  POhWER, PO Box 14043, Birmingham, B6 9BL

Skype:  pohwer.advocacy (0800-1800hrs Monday to Friday)


Taking it further

If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may refer the matter to:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, London, SW1P 4QP

Telephone:  0345 0154033


Complaining on behalf of someone else

We keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality (a separate leaflet giving more detail on confidentiality is available on request).  If you are not the patient, but are complaining on their behalf, you must have their written permission to do so.  An authority signed by the patient concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness or infirmity) of providing this.

Download the Third Party Consent Form


Complaints about other local NHS services

Secondary care

United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust (ULHT)

Customer Care Department

Telephone:  01522 573969



Mental health services

Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (LPFT)

Telephone:  01529 222265


Community services (community nursing, health visiting, school nursing etc)

Lincolnshire Community Health Services (LCHS)

Telephone:  01529 220356



Ambulance services

East Midlands Ambulance Service (EMAS)

Telephone:  01522 832628 or 0115 884 5000

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website